The original MidiWing prototype
The Newest MidiWing for 2013
- Far easier to play than traditional musical instruments. Progress is
much faster no matter what the ability level.
- Adapts to any physical condition.
- Especially but not exclusively for people with disabilities.
- Plugs into any computer - outputs USB-MIDI as well as standard MIDI.
- Requires almost no physical exertion or stamina.
- Traditional methods, materials and pedagogy can be used to
learn/teach this instrument. Fits right in to regular school music
ensembles like band and orchestra.
- Accepts a great variety of switches and controls, digital and
analog, including those made especially for people with disabilities.
- Simple visual feedback means students can use vision to help them
learn the instrument.
- Emulates the note selection scheme of a bugle, trumpet or trombone
but can be operated with just a single switch.
- Can be customized for different users with different ability levels.
- Customized settings can be stored in user memory.
- Powered by AC, 9V battery or USB.
- Accessible music making for everyone!
Read more about our MidiWing musical instrument »